It is now almost 1AM on Canada day... I can't sleep, my stomach seems to be having some issues with Canadian food... hopefully this will pass soon. My time clock has also not adjusted yet, and I seem to not be able to fall asleep before 2AM, doesn't really make sense since that is 6AM in Namibia. Perhaps it is because I have flipped upside down (or upside right) from one side of the equator to another. Either way, it has not been easy.
We spoke at Cumberland Bay Baptist Church on Sunday. Pastor Mitchell gave us the whole Sunday morning service. What a blessing it was to be able to share with this little church that has given both prayer and financial support! Although no one at the church knows us 'personally' very well (since they have only spent a few Sunday mornings with us in the last 3 years)... they seemed to know a LOT about us...! They had raised funds to buy us a cow if we had stayed in Angola, but because that didn't work out they decided we could put a roof and a door on Rosa's house (our househelp in Angola). They also raised money by beading bracelets with the letters S.O.N on them... Sharing Others Needs... the money they raised from that was to go to the beading ministry but because we were coming home they told us to put it toward our plane tickets! They are also supporting as a church on a monthly basis. THANK YOU Cumberland Bay Baptist for your love and support! I shared about the beading ministry and I had the jewelery on display that I brought home from the project in Namibia... I now have just over $200 Canadian (about N$1500) to send back to Okahandja for the ladies, Care & Compassion, and to restock the beading ministry.
This week the boys have gone to Arrowhead Native Bible Camp for a week of teen camp with their Grandma and Grandpa. I am sure they will have a great time! That is also located at Cumberland Bay. Talitha, Meagan, Pete and I are spending the week together... trying to think about packing and getting ready to leave for the west!
Here are some things to pray about:
1. Talitha is seriously considering living out west with our good friend Kelly... you can be in prayer about that... pray for work and for God to show her what she ought to do with her life.
2. We are very seriously considering the house we looked at on the Miramichi. If they accept our offer we will try to get things settled before heading west, and then be back in time to settle in before school starts. I am very excited about the possibility of having a place to come back to every 3 or 4 years... it has been very stressful for me (for whatever reason) to keep wondering where we will end up this year. Please continue to pray for wisdom.
3. Pete is seriously considering working out west this year (off and on)... there are many out east that go back and forth... we would like to have some financial resources in which to go back to Namibia with to help with the project we are considering upon our return! Generally a furlough is spent resting and running around to churches raising support and sharing the vision... it is not that we have lost faith in God to supply our needs, rather Pete needs to keep busy.
4. We will be contacting a mission here in Canada that we would like to partner with when we return to Namibia, you can pray that the details will be worked out in that area, as we would really like to be able to give tax receipts to those who are supporting us financially.
5. We would also like to ask that if God has put it on your heart to support us financially during this time of limbo that you get in touch with us for our banking details (unless you already have them). To be honest very little has been put into our account since we returned to Canadian soil. If you have questions about furlough (home assignment) and what it means please contact us and ask! We would be happy to explain how it all works.
6. We need to make a trip west, and as you know fuel prices are high. Please pray for the finances to cover the trip. My parents have ever so graciously loaned us their old van for the year... it has over 300,000km's on it, but we are trusting God to keep it on the road for the year that we are home (or supply us with something else) :o)
7. We would just like to Praise God for HIS faithfulness to us... HE has been SO gracious and merciful to us throughout this whole journey, and I know that HE will continue to be with us as we seek to serve HIM with our lives. One day I will sit down and write a whole blog dedicated to the ways that we have seen HIM work in our lives and tell how much HE has blessed us!!! We are humbled and honoured to have a God who loves us so much and will never leave us nor forsake us! What a MIGHTY God we serve! ALL the praise and honour and glory goes to HIM!!!
Thank you all for your love, prayer and support! We are thankful for the part you play in our ministry, and we pray God's blessing upon each and every one of you!
Charlene (and the rest of the Knightly's)