Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Whirlwind Trip!

This whole trip has been a whirlwind experience. I spent the first 3 weeks at the East Coast (New Brunswick) with Talitha, my parents, and my brothers family! It was a wonderful time of 'catch up' for Talitha and myself. I also had opportunities to visit extended family and old time friends. I had the opportunity to visit some of the churches I attended as a child, and others with whom family has a connection now. It was great to get to know some of those who have been praying for our family. Once I get back to Africa and settled I will take the time to write a newsletter answering some of the questions that people have been asking while I have been home.

Now that I am at the West Coast (British Columbia) of Canada, I am spending most of my time in Kamloops (our 'home' town). I was scheduled to go to Hope and Surrey but declined due to 'lots' of snow and being so incredibly exhausted from my last few weeks! Every day has been filled with meeting people, speaking in churches, sharing at Bible Studies and sharing in the elementary school my kids attended for years!!! I should be going to the bank to deal with some things but I am so tired I am having a hard time thinking. The first 2 weeks back were spent living with my great East Indian 'family' (neighbours from North Glen... our old street) and now I am staying with another family... I had many offers but there was no way I could 'move around' that much... I needed some stability! God has given much grace and strength during this time, it is amazing how much I have been able to be on the go... IN THE COLD... without getting sick! God is GOOD... ALL the time!

I had no idea how much of a culture shock it would be coming back to Canada! The things your body goes through when coming back to 'all the action' is amazing! I felt like a nervous wreck for the first half... I found out I can't digest fast food anymore... I can't make decisions or choices (too much to choose from!)... and KIDS grew up in just a year and a half!!!! I truly feel for those missionaries who don't make it home for 4 or 5 years... how traumatic!!!!

Well, just a quick update for our blog friends... I go to Vernon on the 29th (stay overnight with Pete's brother and family) and then fly out of Kelowna on the 30th. I will then head back to Africa on the 3rd of February flying out of Maine USA... ONE BIG PRAYER REQUEST... that I will have NO problems at the border into the states, that I will have NO problems booking my luggage all the way through to Namibia (even though I switch airlines), and that I will arrive safely, healthy and in one piece on the 5th of February! Thank you all for your prayers!

Take care... and God Bless...
Charlene

No comments: