Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Well, I found out yesterday that we are going to have to apply for a work visa (our work permit has been into Home Affairs since October) in order to get out of the country. We are going to call Home Affairs and try to set up an appointment ourselves so that we can communicate our situation and the urgency (since it is only 20 days til departure now) of the matter... because obviously we would like to be able to get back into Namibia! We would ask that you PRAY... please PRAY... and add us to whatever prayer chains that you know of. We would like to see things sorted out properly and quickly!

I must say that yesterday I was feeling extremely overwhelmed with the whole situation and I had a migraine as well (which didn't help). There are so many things racing through our minds and we are feeling very much on our own at the moment, I know that we are not... we have GOD beside us, with us and in us! One thing I have very acutely discovered since coming to Africa is that we can "KNOW" things... but to "EXPERIENCE" is a very different thing. It is a whole new ballgame when you are in a new culture, new climate, new everything and everyone around you wants YOU to adjust to them! I have a whole new impression and love for immigrants to Canada! I have EXPERIENCED what they go through! AND... without GOD I cannot imagine what it would be like! Those are my thoughts for today... we DO appreciate your PRAYERS!Charlene
May 20, 2008

God blessed us with another $1200'ish... that puts us at $4791 towards our tickets and $2409 more to go! I think that helps my mind with the pressure a little, plus tonight we had company over for a visit and had some good laughs which helped again to get me relaxed. I also received several encouraging emails and comments on the blog which helped me to remember to put things into perspective. We all get down sometimes, we are all human, we all have emotions and things that we feel we cannot handle, but I think that sometimes God does things to help us SEE and EXPERIENCE HIS faithfulness by using our 'family' to come around us and lift us up. And for that I am truly thankful! God is GOOD... ALL the time... and I am thankful for the friends and family He has given to encourage us and lift us up when we feel we are sinking! Blessings to those of you who have given what God has called you to give, whether that is prayer, finances, or an encouraging word... WE are THANKFUL!
God Bless,
Charlene
May 14

No comments: