Thursday, September 27, 2007

Beading Day

Today we had a chance to bead with the ladies from the Care and Compassion program, Meagan came along to help and Jenny also gave a hand. They are from 5 Rand and go to Bible study every Monday and Wednesday. We decided to involve some of them in the project. They loved coming and would like to come to the MPMC every Tuesday and Thursday. It was exciting to see how thrilled they were with their work. I am going to have to learn Oshiwambo though... this is a must! I thought we would get together for about 2 hours and we ended up beading for 5 hours!!!! They didn't want to leave. I told them for future times we would have to only be ther for 4 hours as there is Kid's Club that follows. I am looking forward to spending more time with these ladies and getting to know them better.
That's it for now... just wanted to let you know how my day went!
Charlene

No comments: