Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Beautiful Birthday Wish

Today I received a Beautiful Birthday wish from Jenny (my house help and friend)... I will share it with you as it touched my heart and I am sure it will touch yours (I will edit the spelling).

Happy Birthday Auntie Charlene enjoy your happy birthday. May the Lord our God bless you on the days long. I wish God must add your years until 300 year after your happy birthday so that you must do your job that God has chosen you to do. Because every one is happy with you especially me, Jenny, I am so happy with Knightly family here in Okahandja. You did everything for me. I opened a shop because of you, I get baptised because of you, and I meet new friends because of you. I wish you stay here in Okahandja until I die, then you go every way you go. Because I didn't want to lose you or see you going leave this place. The way you love me, how kind are you to me, if I think that you are leaving this place it make me crying. May God bless you with all your family. I love you so much Auntie Charlene. From Jenny

This is why we are here... this is why it is so hard to move around (it was a sad sad day the day we left Angola and said good-bye to everyone, especially Rosa who came to our house Monday to Friday and not only did housework, but helped me with Portuguese, and was a good friend)... the same thing here... if we move north to Oshikuku (although we won't be leaving the country this time) it will be a tough day saying good-bye once again. It is not easy being a missionary, but I am very thankful to have a part in showing the love of Jesus, and helping people be able to take care of themselves and their families by giving them an opportunity to earn money (not only by being house help, but by learning to bead jewellery and to help with opening a business (as we did with Rosa and family before we left Angola). I hope you are equally blessed by Jenny's birthday letter and if you would like to support her financially (for purchasing stock for her woodcarver market venture or beading materials) you are more than welcome to contact me.

God Bless and have a great week!
Love,
Charlene

No comments: