Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Prices on Sewing Machines

I made it into Windhoek the day before yesterday and managed to get to a store that has some sewing machines. Here are the prices in Canadian dollars for decent machines (not top of the line Bernina or anything like that but machines that will get the job done).

For a 36 stitch machine $187.00
For a Basic Electric $147.00
For a Serger $235.00
For a Hand Crank Singer $85.00

To begin with I would like to have the 36 stitch sewing machine and a serger… and I think the Hand Crank machines are the best thing to train the ladies from 5 Rand on. Only because if they would like to start a sewing business from their home one day a non-electric machine would be the only way to go! Of course, I will have to get coordinated and figure out how to use it myself… HA!

If you can help with this project in anyway, please send an email to knightvision6@gmail.com and let us know how you would like to be a part!

God Bless,
Charlene

No comments: